Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Children + Fire pull at thier arms length = Fire Department Visits

New apartments = New fire codes and regulations...
In our apartments we have a very convenient red fire-pull that is at the same height
and right beside the light switches in our front room.
Our apartment tried to get the fire marshal to put a plastic covering over it
but he denied their request and said that in all his years as fire Marshal
he had never had a false alarm...
Well today is a first I guess; and a second for him

Devy and I were getting ready for the day when our smoke alarms started to go off.
Usually I just fan the alarm until it turns off. However 5 minutes later it was still going off
and my head was really starting to hurt!

So I go outside to get away from the noise and realize that my neighbors are outside as well.
I ask to see if they can hear our smoke alarm and then I am told that one of their kids
has pulled the fire alarm.

So... then we got to wait for the fire department to come and we got to see the cool firemen
in all of their get-up come with lights and alarm blazing to our apartment building.
They came turned the smoke alarms off and left.

Not even 7 hours later I was coming home from grocery shopping when I saw the same
fire truck at our next door building... Oops... Guess he should have let
our apartment put covers on the fire pulls. Oh well...


Yeah for tax-payer money well spent!...

No comments:

16 months

16 months

15 months

15 months

12 months

12 months
Birthday

11 months

11 months
Future basketball player

9 months

9 months

Devy 8 months

Devy 8 months

6 months

6 months

5 months

5 months
The other outfit for Christmas fom Uncle Bryan, her says princess

5 Months

5 Months
Christmas Present from Uncle Bryan

4 Months

4 Months
All Smiles

13 months

13 months

Devy Month 2

Devy Month 2
Her cute little bow

Devy 1 Month

Devy 1 Month
She loves her Daddy

2 weeks

2 weeks
I look way tired but this is the only family pic we have of when she is this little. She looks tired too...