Sunday, September 26, 2010

Blessing day




So this day was kinds of interesting.
We had been putting off his blessing day for some reason... Oh yeah... Lance was supposed to set it up and he kept forgetting. So finally two Sundays before I left with the kids for a month we received a call and were able to ask the bishop if we could bless Lucas the Sunday before I left.

They said yes and got everything organized for it. Well Sunday came and we were planning on getting to church early so that we could make sure the bishopric remembered. But we got there right as church was starting...

This was the first mistake

THEN the opening song started and I told Lance that he needed to go up and tell them that they forgot to announce that we were blessing Lucas and he didn't want to. But with my persuasion skills he finally got up to go to the front... WELL he got the the pews to walk up and chickened OUT!! I was VERY frustrated. Then there were more announcements (blessing Lucas was NOT included) and then the bishop announced that we were going to do the sacrament... So Lance and I were arguing about him going up and telling them that we needed to bless our son and he just really didn't want to.

The thing is is that his blessing outfit was already VERY FITTED and I knew that it wouldn't fit if we waited to bless him after I got home in a MONTH! So finally I got VERY frustrated and Lance told me that I was overreacting and then told me to go up and tell the Bishop...

So, I did. (this was all during the sacrament song by the way)

Then after the sacrament the bishop gets up and says that "Sister Nethercott has just informed us that she they are blessing their son today so all the priesthood holders they have asked you can come up now"

WHAT THE CRAP! Seriously you were the ones that forgot! Oh well

Then my dear friend Amy wrote the blessing down for me. ( I was very grateful for because I was so flustered that I only heard about half of it)

In the end, all that mattered was that he was blessed. Lance DID give a good blessing and I am grateful for him.

No comments:

16 months

16 months

15 months

15 months

12 months

12 months
Birthday

11 months

11 months
Future basketball player

9 months

9 months

Devy 8 months

Devy 8 months

6 months

6 months

5 months

5 months
The other outfit for Christmas fom Uncle Bryan, her says princess

5 Months

5 Months
Christmas Present from Uncle Bryan

4 Months

4 Months
All Smiles

13 months

13 months

Devy Month 2

Devy Month 2
Her cute little bow

Devy 1 Month

Devy 1 Month
She loves her Daddy

2 weeks

2 weeks
I look way tired but this is the only family pic we have of when she is this little. She looks tired too...